The Busy Bees Classroom
Due to popular demand, God’s Garden began offering full-day preschool beginning in August 2022. Our new Full-day Preschool hours are from 8:45am to 2:45pm, with an option for extended care before school from 8:15am to 8:45am and after school from 2:45pm until 4:30pm.
Our full-day Preschool classroom is designed for 3-, 4-, and 5-year-olds. Mixed age preschools provide more flexibility for preschoolers and their particular stage of learning. Not all 3-year-olds are in the same place developmentally or academically. The same is true for 4- and 5-year-olds. Levels of readiness also vary widely. Mixed classrooms offer a more varied approach, as the teacher can differentiate learning to meet the needs of each child. Furthermore, each child can be taught or grouped for play with other children at his or her level, regardless of age. Having your child in a mixed-age group classroom gives them the opportunity to master needed skills and concepts before moving on to additional levels.
There are additional benefits as well. Older children have the opportunity to be role models to others, and younger children get to see that their friends have mastered what they are working on, which can grant them confidence. Just as it is important for adults to spend time with people in other stages of life, children often learn and thrive around children of different ages. In fact, research has shown the mixed age classrooms produce long-term positive results for children. Children of mixed age classrooms tend to have higher levels of social emotional regulation and self-confidence than children in same-age classrooms.
08:45AM — Drop Off/Morning Table Activities
09:00AM — Morning Circle Time
09:30AM — Small Group Time (Art, Math, or Science)
10:00AM — Snack Time
10:30AM — Outdoor Play
11:00AM — Work Time (Free Choice Play)
11:45AM — Lunch
12:30PM — Outdoor Play
1:30PM — Quiet Time/Nap Time (if needed)
2:00PM — Small Group Time (Art, Math, or Science)
2:30PM — Goodbye Circle Time (End of Day Routine)
2:45PM — Pick up
- Designed for 3-, 4, and 5-year-olds
- Teacher to Student Ratio: 1:8 (Max 16 children)
- Must be 3-years-old by August 31st and potty-trained
- Hours: 8:45am – 2:45pm (Monday through Friday)
- Extended Care available from 2:45pm to 4:30pm ($10/hour)
Meet Rocket – Our Class Bunny!
Pets Enrich the Classroom Experience.
There are immense benefits from having pets in the classroom –
- Observing and caring for an animal instills a sense of responsibility and respect for life.
- A pet brings increased sensitivity and awareness of the feelings and needs of others—both animals and humans.
- Kids learn that all living things need more than just food and water for survival.
- Students will see directly how their behavior and actions affect others.
- Studies show that the presence of animals lessens tension and brings peace and calmness into the classroom.
- A pet also improves classroom attendance.
- A classroom pet provides emotional support and companionship.
- Helping to take care of a pet gives a child a sense of pride and accomplishment, which builds self-esteem.