FAMILY AND STUDENT HEALTH
Keeping the little ones safe
We want to assure all families that student safety is our top priority. At God’s Garden Preschool, we will perform the following preventive measures recommended by CDC to keep our students and families healthy:
- Wellness Check Stations will be set up outside the front of God’s Garden. Temperatures will be taken daily upon arrival to God’s Garden. Children with a fever of 100.0°, cough, or shortness of breath will be sent home. Children must be free of symptoms without fever reducing medication for 72 hours to return to school. Any students who have traveled out of the state or country within the last 2 weeks will not be able to attend.
- New Drop off and Pick Up procedures – One parent will drop off and pick up student(s) at front of school. No parents will be allowed in classrooms.
- Teachers will practice social distancing as much as possible. No hugging students.
- Additional Cleaning of Classrooms will take place. Teachers will clean and disinfect classrooms, including tables, chairs, bathrooms, and toys daily. Toys and frequently touched surfaces (doorknobs, light switches, etc.) will be sanitized daily.
- Hand washing will increase. We will wash teachers’ and students’ hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds multiple times throughout each day (at least 3 times per day).
- We will remind students and staff to cover their coughs and sneezes with an elbow or tissue.
- No Face Masks. ADHS does not recommend masks for children in childcare centers. It is a safety hazard.
- Decrease child-adult ratios in the classroom to create more space between students. No more than 10 students in a classroom.
- Space will be created between children during circle time, small groups, large groups, and snack time at the tables (every other seat). However, children will be encouraged to socialize with other students during free choice and outdoor play.
- Only one class will be allowed on the playground at a time to minimize exposure. Activities will be planned to limit close physical contact, sharing of equipment, and waiting in line. Outdoor play equipment will be disinfected between classroom use.